Green Built Homes Program Manager
Applications accepted until Friday, Feb. 12
Green Built Alliance is hiring a full-time program manager for Green Built Homes.
Green Built Homes is a voluntary green-building certification program administered by the Green Built Alliance. This program offers a certificate for meeting green-building guidelines, technical and marketing assistance, design reviews, workshops, as well as field consultation services that enable builders to increase their green-building expertise, gain market share of home buyers interested in high-performance building techniques, and boost profitability.
- Green building technical support for builders and raters
- Provide Green Built Homes credit interpretations of program requirements
- HERS Rater quality assurance and oversight
- Database management of registrations and certifications
- Issue home certifications and mailing packets
- Checklist maintenance and technical program updates
- Development of technical resource manual and homeowner manual
- Further develop and launch the regenerative pilot certification program and multifamily certification
- Educational workshops for builders and community
- Attend Home Builders Association events and create a greater presence for the program in the Parade of Homes
- Boosting Green Built Homes program participation through marketing, social media, and community engagement
- Management of Appalachian Offsets carbon offset program
- Website updates as needed
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Program management experience
- Firm understanding of green building methods and measures
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Home Energy Rater (or former)
- Active LEED Green Rater (with a minimum of five certified projects in both single family and multifamily as necessary to become a LEED QAD)
- 2+ years in program management
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business communications, business management, environmental science, building science, or in a relevant area or field
The starting pay for this 40-hour-per-week position is $42,000 per year. Green Built Alliance also offers a health insurance stipend, paid time off, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
Those interested in the program manager position can email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter by Friday, Feb. 12.
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
Green Built Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more sustainable community. We offer internships to people from all walks of life interested in green building, nonprofit management, marketing and outreach. Internships with the Green Built Alliance are a great way to gain experience, as well make connections and gain valuable insight into nonprofit work and the green building community. Our internships typically last for three months (spring, summer, fall, or winter term). We offer flexible scheduling to work with your class load or other work schedule.
Depending on interest, experience and time of year, interns may work on the following:
- Fundraising event planning, promotion and execution
- Website management and social media development
- Promotion and outreach for our various programs, such as Green Gauge, a green assessment tool for existing homes
- Development of resources and references for participants in the Green Built Homes residential building certification program
- Grant writing and research
- Our internships are unpaid, educational training opportunities and are typically administration-based in the office and are not hands-on or in-the-field building homes. However, interns are encouraged to participate in any and all training and educational opportunities offered by the Green Built Alliance free of charge.
- While some of our interns have gone on to employment with our company, an internship is not an automatic pathway to paid work due to our small staff size.
- We do not provide any assistance with housing. There are two hostels in Asheville and many sublets available via Craigslist, dorms, and online searches.
Those interested in interning with us can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and at least two references, and someone from our staff will respond shortly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Green Built Alliance does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. We actively solicit participation from all ethnic and racial backgrounds. All job descriptions are simply a description of the position and its normal duties. It is in no way intended to serve as any form of contract.