Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
Green Built Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more sustainable community. We offer internships to people from all walks of life interested in green building, nonprofit management, marketing and outreach. Internships with the Green Built Alliance are a great way to gain experience, as well make connections and gain valuable insight into nonprofit work and the green building community. Our internships typically last for three months (spring, summer, fall, or winter term). We offer flexible scheduling to work with your class load or other work schedule.
Depending on interest, experience and time of year, interns may work on the following:
- Fundraising event planning, promotion and execution
- Website management and social media development
- Promotion and outreach for our various programs, such as Green Gauge, a green assessment tool for existing homes
- Development of resources and references for participants in the Green Built Homes residential building certification program
- Grant writing and research
- Our internships are unpaid, educational training opportunities and are typically administration-based in the office and are not hands-on or in-the-field building homes. However, interns are encouraged to participate in any and all training and educational opportunities offered by the Green Built Alliance free of charge.
- While some of our interns have gone on to employment with our company, an internship is not an automatic pathway to paid work due to our small staff size.
- We do not provide any assistance with housing. There are two hostels in Asheville and many sublets available via Craigslist, dorms, and online searches.
Those interested in interning with us can email email@example.com with a resume and at least two references, and someone from our staff will respond shortly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Green Built Alliance does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. We actively solicit participation from all ethnic and racial backgrounds. All job descriptions are simply a description of the position and its normal duties. It is in no way intended to serve as any form of contract.