Crew Leader for Energy Savers Network
Applications accepted until position is filled
We are seeking a member of the Asheville area community to provide hands-on energy efficiency upgrade support on a part-time basis (20 to 30 hours per week) for low-income families in Buncombe County.
The position’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with outreach and identifying clients
- Recruiting clients
- Weatherizing homes
- Completing and submitting client paperwork in a timely manner
- Attending staff meetings and other required meetings
- Reporting directly to Project Manager
- Following our health and safety procedures, including safety measures to minimize exposure of COVID-19 to clients, staff and volunteers
- **Training on best weatherization practices will be provided by Project Manager**
- Have a driver’s license
- Be able to work independently
- Have some experience with weatherization and/or construction
- Be comfortable with wearing a mask and practicing social distancing while performing weatherization work
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of weatherization materials and best practices
- Some experience working in low-income communities
- An outgoing personality, and comfort interacting with people of all backgrounds
- Experience with leading and guiding volunteers
- Been vaccinated – this is not a requirement but is strongly encouraged as this work is done in people’s homes and requires interaction with others
- Proficiency in conversational Spanish, as well as English
This job does NOT require going into attics or crawl spaces. The primary work is changing light bulbs, water aerators, caulking, weather sealing, and basic construction practices.
This is a staff position paying $17.30 per hour. After 90 days, the employee is eligible for these benefits: PTO, 10 paid holidays, a health stipend, an employer 403b contribution, and paid professional training.
Green Built Alliance is actively committed to fighting for a world where sustainability is accessible to everyone. We are passionate about working to end systemic oppression in all forms, including, but not limited to, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and classism. We strive to create more equitable spaces within our organization and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage BIPOC members of the Asheville area community to apply.
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
Green Built Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more sustainable community. We offer internships to people from all walks of life interested in green building, nonprofit management, marketing and outreach. Internships with the Green Built Alliance are a great way to gain experience, as well make connections and gain valuable insight into nonprofit work and the green building community. Our internships typically last for three months (spring, summer, fall, or winter term). We offer flexible scheduling to work with your class load or other work schedule.
Depending on interest, experience and time of year, interns may work on the following:
- Fundraising event planning, promotion and execution
- Website management and social media development
- Promotion and outreach for our various programs, such as Green Gauge, a green assessment tool for existing homes
- Development of resources and references for participants in the Green Built Homes residential building certification program
- Grant writing and research
- Our internships are unpaid, educational training opportunities and are typically administration-based in the office and are not hands-on or in-the-field building homes. However, interns are encouraged to participate in any and all training and educational opportunities offered by the Green Built Alliance free of charge.
- While some of our interns have gone on to employment with our company, an internship is not an automatic pathway to paid work due to our small staff size.
- We do not provide any assistance with housing. There are two hostels in Asheville and many sublets available via Craigslist, dorms, and online searches.
Those interested in an internship can email email@example.com with a resume and at least two references, and someone from our staff will respond shortly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Green Built Alliance does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. We actively solicit participation from all ethnic and racial backgrounds. All job descriptions are simply a description of the position and its normal duties. It is in no way intended to serve as any form of contract.