The Green Home & Living Guide magazine and directory
For two decades, the Green Home & Living Guide, formerly known as the Green Building Directory, has been the primary tool for education, outreach, and professional connection in western North Carolina’s green building industry. The magazine is a collective effort from professionals across the region, providing information and news for both building professionals and the general public.
What to expect:
- Green building innovations and ideas
- Sustainability and renewable energy news
- Technical fact sheets
- Case studies about energy efficiency, innovative homes, and green building techniques
- Features about trends in green building
- A directory of local WNC businesses that design, build, or sell sustainable building products and services
- Celebrating the success of local sustainable builders, businesses, and leaders
In 2002, the WNC Green Building Council published and distributed 10,000 copies of its first WNC Green Building Directory. The directory has since evolved into a full magazine and increased its reach to 25,000 annual copies.
The Green Home & Living Guide, published each September, is available digitally through the Green Built Alliance website and in print across Western North Carolina. You may find us at regional chambers of commerce, local merchants, supply stores, and realtors. Since the first edition, the directory portion of the guide has linked hundreds of businesses to thousands of homeowners, advancing sustainability and green standards for the community.
Are you ready to take the next step with us and make your home or building more sustainable?
Green Building Directory/Magazine Archives
Click on a Magazine cover below to download or view as a PDF.