In tandem with Green Built Alliance’s updates to incorporate regenerative design principles into its statewide Green Built Homes certification program, the nonprofit is launching a monthly series of in-depth, inspirational workshops through the fall and winter of 2019, which are aimed at educating and engaging the community in regenerative design.
Led by experts that hail from right here in Asheville as well as those that travel internationally to speak on these topics, the afternoon workshops will cover a variety of subject matter including net-zero energy, sustainable building materials, indoor air quality, biophilia, energy efficiency for existing homes and ecological site preparation.
Most events are paid, with discounts available for students and Green Built Alliance members. Find complete details for each workshop below, with accompanying links to the associated pages for purchasing tickets on Eventbrite as well as RSVP’ing and sharing the events with friends on Facebook.
For more information or support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us!
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 — Achieving Net-Zero Energy with Amy Musser and Emily Boyd: Eventbrite | Facebook
- Friday, Sept. 6 to Sunday, Sept. 8 — Weekend workshops on hempcrete and sustainable building with Chris Magwood
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 — Exploring Indoor Air Quality Through Whole Living with Sean and Laura Sullivan: Eventbrite | Facebook
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 — Designing with Biophilia with Liz Calabrese: Eventbrite | Facebook
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 — Energy Efficiency for Everyone with Sam Ruark-Eastes: Eventbrite | Facebook
- Wednesday, Dec. 11 — Ecological Site Preparation and Long-Term Resilience with Brandon Greenstein: Eventbrite | Facebook